- Car Park: Located at the western end of the Marina in Cork City by Pairc Ui Chaoimh, see HERE
- Distance: 4kms (2.5 miles)
- Time: Approx 50 mins
- Scenery: Nice scenic views of the River Lee with a tree lined canopy
- Flat/Hilly: Dead flat
- Difficulty: 1 out of 5 – Very easy
- Noise pollution: Modest. Quiet for a city location.
- Safety: Very popular walk during the day so it’s safe. Unlit during the hours of darkness and very quiet then.
- Lighting: Some lighting at the eastern end near Blackrock Plaza. Otherwise unlit.
- Notes: Road was pedestrianised in 2020. Concrete surface and cracked in places.
This easy walk starts at the Marina Car Park in Cork City and heads east towards the plaza in Blackrock which is 2kms away. This is one of the most popular walks in Cork and has been in use by the citizens of the city for well over a century.
The Marina walk runs alongside the River Lee and there are nice views across to Tivoli and Montenotte.
The Blackrock Plaza is 2kms from the Marina Car Park and there is plenty of seating available here although it does fill up quickly at popular times.
Refreshments are available from the Good Food Bakery or the Proto Coffee Shop.
From here, you just retrace your steps back along the Marina and complete another 2kms to make it 4kms in total.
Overall, a very nice scenic easy walk in the heart of Cork City.